Sunday, January 28, 2007

stocking shame

Well, readers, I have been shamed into finishing my sister's Christmas stocking, even if we have missed yet another year's worth of service out of it.

All this time it has been sitting in a basket near the fire waiting to be finished. Just patiently hanging out in the basket wondering if it should throw itself into the fire just to get a little attention. But, the day has arrived. I have revisited the stocking, partially in thanks to this blog. I was guilted into thinking yall were reading that years later the stocking was left still undone.

So, what happens when I finally return to the basket to finish it? I realize that I the knitting was finished; it just needed to be sewn up! Here I thought there was still knitting to do!!!

I've sewn in all the ends and stitch up the back, I don't know why I didn't do this in the round?! Now, all I have to do is finish the i-cord for a bit of decoration and the loop by which it will hang and we're all done. I should be able to complete that today, if all goes well, and I'll be putting up pictures and sending it to my sister this week!

Whodathunkit?! Now...what's the next project?

No comments: