Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Did someone say reNEWed interest in knitting...

I'm back on track. I've been knitting more than usual lately, which makes me happy. I finished a baby blanket in a basket weave pattern for some dear friends who just had their first child. I didn't think to take a picture of it before I gave it to them, so you'll just have to trust me - it turned out beautifully. I picked up some lovely cashmere at close-out prices at School Prodcuts some time ago. I only now used it for this particular project. I don't know what I'll do with the leftover yarn. I'm not sure it's enough to do much with, certainly not enough for mittens or the like. Maybe I'll just knit a thin scarf and see how long it lasts...

With the baby blanket completed, and road trips on the way, I needed another project. So, I headed to Gotta Knit!, which is near my office. There I picked up the perfect yarn for this little Anthropologie-esque caplet. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the picture, and now I don't think I like the finished product, too short. I don't really like the cropped effect, so I'm hoping someone else likes it and I can give it away. It has been a really easy knit, though; I would highly recommend it to someone looking for a mindless pattern.

No comments: